took first knewton CAT

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:3 members

took first knewton CAT

by ssgmatter » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:31 pm
today i took my first knewton cat and i am really worried about my scores here wondering if these are actually the correct ones..please share your thoughts guys...below is the break up

verbal C32 & W9
math C26 & W11
TOTAL SCORE 510
SCALED SCORE--> V23 & Q39

Please share your perspectives on my first knewton CAT...

Cheers

Best-
Amit
Best-
Amit

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:5 members
GMAT Score:700

by prodizy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:58 pm
Hey, AFAIK, any CAT you take, you get a general undersranding of your current level. Your level must be in the 50 point range of the score you got. try the manhattan free CAT or gmat prep1. They should be able to give a close score to the reality.

Followed by:6 members

by prateek_guy2004 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:25 am
Cheer up this just your 1st score.....This should give you a zeal to improve rather than getting dissapointed...Get good books study hard..make learning fun...

Its all good mate..
Don't look for the incorrect things that you have done rather look for remedies....

https://www.beatthegmat.com/motivation-t90253.html

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by ronaldramlan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:13 pm
I took Knewton course for my 2nd preparation and ended up with the same score as I got in my 1st attempt (660). Eventually, I claimed my money back.
This is not to say that Knewton is not good. In fact, Knewton has one of the best GMAT prep concepts and strategy. The problem is, as I have mentioned in a number of posts in BTG, the question style of real GMAT test, at least in my view, is nowhere like that of any practice tests from test prep companies.

Therefore, even though you can master the concepts and strategy given by many test prep companies, you don't want to get your self used to the questions style that you won't see on real GMAT test. In addition, you want to do AWA essays before going to Quant section of any practice tests. Many practice tests available are not packaged with essays, but that's okay. Essay topics are available for free in www.mba.com; just pick any topics for argument and issue essays and spare 30 mins for each to compose well written responses before you start your practice tests.

Everything I said was merely derived from my personal experience. Make use of it as you feel comfortable.

Followed by:4 members

by akhilsuhag » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:53 pm
I am taking the knewton course and this is what I feel.

1. Knewton scoring is a little off (some would say a lot off). If you read reviews the quant scores are pretty skewed but the verbal seems to be spot on. In my experience even their verbal gives a lower score. Their verbal section however is excellent (apart from the score). My last three scores with knewton read: 690; 660 and 660. But on the GMATprep after these tests I scored a 720 (49; 40). In knewton quant the highest I ever scored was a 47.

2. So take a GMATprep to see where you stand, and use the rest to practise and learn from mistakes. They will help in timing and getting used to the test (helping you build your stamina).

I hope the post helps!!
Please press "thanks" if you think my post has helped you.. Cheers!!