GMAT Success in 6 Weeks

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT Success in 6 Weeks

by rjbennett1 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:59 am
I need some advice from all of the experts out there. I have the next 6 weeks to study full time to achieve my goal score of 680. I will not be working during this time so I have approximately 8 -10 hours per day to study for the test, which equates to approximately 320 hours of study, which I feel should be sufficient.

I struggle with the math section of the exam and received a 610 the first time i took the test last year.

Would love to hear thoughts on the best books, strategies to use in order to be most efficient with my time and increase my score the greatest.

Tutor?
DVD study such as www.beatthegmat.com?
Or just use textbooks?

I took a PR class the first time around and did not find it very helpful.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by akhilsuhag » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:06 am
It depends on what your current level is. Download the GMATprep and give a practice exam. It will tell you your current level and areas you need to work on.

Once you know that people can guide you from their. Your target is achievable. Take the first step and get back on this thread and we can help you figure out a strategy from thr!!

Take Care and cheers!!
Please press "thanks" if you think my post has helped you.. Cheers!!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by rjbennett1 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:01 pm
Thanks for the reply! I got a 580 on the practice test... was solid in the verbal but the whole math section i struggled on so it's difficult to pinpoint specific weaknesses.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:6 members

by prateek_guy2004 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:18 pm
Hi

You got a nice score in your 1st exam.....There is plenty if room for improvement...

Get good books..review them well and practice...You have time to prepare...and your target score looks achievable

Manhattan and kaplan books are well known..

Happy studying..
Don't look for the incorrect things that you have done rather look for remedies....

https://www.beatthegmat.com/motivation-t90253.html