Chances at E/WMBA at Haas - Indian male software engineer

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I am considering applying to the evening/weekend program at Haas and am interested in the technical entrepreneurship program. Can you help evaluate my chances?

GMAT : 730 (V:39; Q:50)
Masters GPA : 3.6/4.0 (from tier-1 US university)

Work ex: 5 years with leading wireless company in California

Extra curriculars:
- participated in venture fest competition (4 months), attended entrepreneurship classes as part of boot-camp
- volunteer at a adult literacy program (8 months): provide one-on-one coaching to teach adult
- board member at a community development corporation (6 months)
- USTA league member and played several tennis tournaments in the area

Can you help evaluate my chances at the evening weekend program at Haas, given that my geographical background (male indian engineer with MS in USA and 5 yrs work ex) is not that uncommon

Thanks!

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:08 am
Dear bschoolapp,

Your GMAT and work experience are certainly in the competitive range for the EWMBA at Haas. You also have a solid master's GPA and good extracurricular activities. With EWMBA programs, quality of professional experience and career goals are critical pieces in your evaluation. Why you want an MBA, why now and why the EWMBA program makes sense for you will be questions that should be answered thoroughly and effectively in your application. Assuming you have a solid rationale for the EWMBA and a strong application package, I would think you will be a competitive applicant.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me