Studying Since May...took a break...now TWO months left!

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I have posted on here a few times, and have gotten some great advice. Please provide some suggestions, which would help immensely.

I have taken a Veritas Prep Class, and found it very useful. I took this class in June, and felt I was doing well on my studies. However, due to a weird fear of practice tests, I only took my first practice exam about one month ago. It was not a good score, but I felt like it broke down my wall of fear.

I have begun doing drills and studying areas of weakness. However, I am greatly concerned...my skills are still very rusty in recalling certain areas of content when doing drills. I am hoping that will my error log (thanks Eric!), and my 1.5 million flashcards (every area is covered and grouped according to type), that I will succeed.

I do believe my issue is, well, timing. I still struggle with some geometric concepts, as well as the higher level stuff - mainly probability.

I really want to make this the very last time I take this exam. This will be my third try, and I intend on NOT repeating it.

Any suggestions on how I can tighten up my skills and move forward? I hope to be applying this year, and want to put this baby to bed.

THANKS TO ALL!

-Angie

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by XLogic » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:30 pm
At this point, since you've gone through a full prep course, you just have to practice!
Without practice, you won't know what areas you are still lacking in.

My thought process was similar "What if I take a practice exam and I bomb it, after studying for 9 weeks straight??"

We just have to get rid of the test anxiety, which can usually be accomplished by taking a bunch of tests. Also, reviewing practice tests will reveal areas of strength and weakness. We can then plan to attack those areas of weakness.

Understanding is key, process+practice = speed! (So I've been told)
my post helped --> thank me!
don't thank me --> my post = what the..??

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:6 members

by prateek_guy2004 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:40 am
Practicing and analyzing is the key for you, You know gmat now... Follow your weaknesses and play with your strengths ....

Keep an eye on every answer choice .....

Chaw
Don't look for the incorrect things that you have done rather look for remedies....

https://www.beatthegmat.com/motivation-t90253.html