2 weeks left for GMAT( need 700+ study material on internet)

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Here's the deal: I took GMAT prep practice test 2 yesterday and got 700. quant-38 and verbal-48. In princeton test it was v 36 Q 48 and I had come to 690 weeks ago. My scores seem lopsided in both directions in two different tests. It seems that I need practice for 700+ questions (hard ones). Since i have only two weeks left I cannot order a book over the internet and wait for it ( prep material not available where i am living). Could anyone suggest free 700+ material- preferably in question-solution form compiled in one place on the internet? I dont intend to spend at all.( spent too much already on gmat material including manhattan guides)

Legendary Member
Followed by:13 members

by smackmartine » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:34 pm
stanleyeales wrote:Here's the deal: I took GMAT prep practice test 2 yesterday and got 700. quant-38 and verbal-48. In princeton test it was v 36 Q 48 and I had come to 690 weeks ago. My scores seem lopsided in both directions in two different tests. It seems that I need practice for 700+ questions (hard ones). Since i have only two weeks left I cannot order a book over the internet and wait for it ( prep material not available where i am living). Could anyone suggest free 700+ material- preferably in question-solution form compiled in one place on the internet? I dont intend to spend at all.( spent too much already on gmat material including manhattan guides)
Try solving GMATPrep SC and CR docs. They have got hardest problems you could imagine. You can find them on gmatclub.com
Smack is Back ...
It takes time and effort to explain, so if my comment helped you please press Thanks button :)

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:18 members

by FutureWorks » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:45 am
Hey Stanley

Firstly we would say that stay positive and such anxieties are common during exam preparation time. Juggling between work and studies is tough so you need to define a significant time for your GMAT preparation. Sometimes taking few days off work for preparing for the GMAT can help a person tremendously. If you have time this may not be a bad idea. Take practise GMAT tests to see how you are doing. If you cannot do that don't worry. What might work instead is to set aside 1-2 hours at night on weekdays and major part of your weekend to study and prepare for GMAT- in this case we will suggest a good 2-3 months preparation. However we recommend you to keep taking practise tests to gauge your performance. It will help you in identifying your weak areas and you can focus on them accordingly. You might be able to study more than the given hours and that would take you less than 2-3 months. It all depends on your potential really.

There are various ways you can use to practise for your GMAT. You might need to change your practise style and try this combination to provide you flexibility and different styles to practise so it doesn't get monotonous.

It could be combination of-

1-Books- Books like- The Official Guide for GMAT Review, The Official Guide for GMAT Verbal Review, The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review etc could be used.

2-Online Study Guide: Websites like Knewton, Grockit etc provide you with practise questions online.

3-Smart phone applications- Kaplan, Veritas etc offer applications to prepare for GMAT on your smart phones.

Find out where you stand with our Free Assessment Test or drop your resume at [email protected]