Applying for MBA, which courses to show dedication?

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi Stacy and Lisa,

I will be applying soon an MBA program in Portland. I did not do so well in my statistics course for undergrad at the university of washington. Is this a good course to take while I work full-time as a records technician, which does not require a bachelor's degree? I am 23 years old.

Stat 243 - Introduction To Probability And Statistics I

Course Description: A basic course in statistical analysis including presentation of data probability, probability distributions, sampling distributions, estimation, tests of significance, experimental design and analysis of variance, regression and correlation, nonparametric statistics, selected topics, applications, and use of statistical computer packages. A broad nontechnical survey designed primarily for nonmath students who need to utilize the subject in their own fields. Not approved for major credit. Courses must be taken in sequence.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:47 am
Dear blau08,

From the course description, it seems to be a solid statistics class covering the basic concepts and theories. Depending on how you did in your math classes and on the GMAT, you might also consider some math courses like college algebra and calculus for your alternative transcript.

Regards,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by blau08 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:32 pm
Thank you Lisa, that helps a lot!