how to improve my sentence correction?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I'm lagging behind with my sentence correction. I'm not sure which books to follow or watch whose video for the correct guidance. I've completed the OG 12, but not confident about sentence correction. Only 50% of my answers are correct. Any suggestion is welcome.

Regards,
Ashu

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by crick » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:56 pm
I strongly recommend Manhattan GMAT Sentence Correction guide. After going through it and understanding the concepts you should definitely see improvements in your accuracy.

Crick

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:365 members

by VivianKerr » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:05 am
I also like MGMAT SC for your next book. Also, check out the free SC resources under the "Resources Links" on the Self Study tab on Beat the GMAT. Lots of really great Grammar Notes there to refresh. To reinforce the OG SC concepts, you might want to try Grockit's question bank out with a free trial membership -- our Q's are modeled on the OG and released Q's.

Keep in mind that SC's are also Idiom heavy, so make sure you're memorizing those. Finally, I encourage you to suss out the meaning of each sentence. You do have to watch for grammar errors and know correct idioms, but you also want to look to make sure the logic and sense of the sentence is clear.

Good luck!
Vivian Kerr
GMAT Rockstar, Tutor
https://www.GMATrockstar.com
https://www.yelp.com/biz/gmat-rockstar-los-angeles

Former Kaplan and Grockit instructor, freelance GMAT content creator, now offering affordable, effective, Skype-tutoring for the GMAT at $150/hr. Contact: [email protected]

Thank you for all the "thanks" and "follows"! :-)

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by ashutoshsingh99 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:54 pm
Thanks Vivian and crick