Verbal Strategy for nonnatives.Expert Comment Please

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Hello,
There are many non native speakers like me that have many difficulties with the verbal section and specifically with the timing matters. I really worked hard for building up my accuracy in the tests prior to the timing. and started to develop a better pace, however I have been much better. But yesterday I took GMAT Prep#1 for the first time and I scored perfect in Quant but awful in verbal. I had a great accuracy in Quant part with more than 15 minutes in excess. But I had acceptable accuracy in Verbal for the first 30 questions but awful at the end because of the bad timing. I had no choice to random guess the lass 4 questions that hopfully(!!!!) all of them were wrong. According to the hearings this consecutive wrong answers specially at the end of the exam, drastically hurts the score.
Now, As I don't have too much to try a new strategy I wanted to ask a question about some kind of strategy that I came up with: I think it will be appropriate if I make sure that until approximately question#30 I get some surely correct answers(as I can feel) and then try to random guess about 4 or 5 questions since then(probably it is better to get wrong answers) and then for the last 5 or 6 questions I put more time to answer correctly. This way I can control the accuracy of the last questions and even the timing as I ignore reading carefully the 5 questions in between.
Please comment and help me with that
Thanks