GMAT 700 score and good academic background

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT 700 score and good academic background

by gmat.gt » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:32 pm
Hi Stacy ,

Can you please advise me on which schools to select and to which schools my below profile will be best suited.

My profile: Indian FEMALE
Gmat score - 700 ( Quant 50/ Verbal 35) - 90 percentile & AWA -6

Toefl - not yet taken

Academic background:
Graduated from BITS -Pilani (one of the prestigious school in India- top 5) with GPA 3.6/4
Had around 90% in both 10th and +2 levels.

Work experience - 2 years completed in one of the multinational company. After completing one year in the company, started taking a second lead role in one of our team's biggest projects and also mentored few new joinees for the past one year or so.

Extra circular activities - Not very pro but yes plays to some extent and involved in volunteering both in college days and in company.

During GMAT, I have sent scores to following five schools:
University of Duke,Furqua
ROSS,
Darden university,
Tuck University,
Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper.

Can you please advise whether the above schools are within my reach or above my reach. And what schools will be best for my profile. I am also inclined more towards school that offers scholar ship or some kind of funding than school that does not!

Waiting for reply!

Thanks in advance

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:56 am
Dear gmat.gt,

Your five schools are possibilities for you, assuming you put together a strong application package. Since these programs are all top 15 programs, I do encourage you to identify some other programs that are not as selective as these but are still a good match for you and your career goals. For tips on identifying potential programs, please read our sticky on school selection. For your best opportunity at scholarship awards, you will want to be seen as an above average applicant; thus applying to programs that are not as selective and where your profile is viewed as outstanding will be your best chance.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me