700+ Question

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:5 members
GMAT Score:700

700+ Question

by chaitanya.mehrotra » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:25 am

OA E , why is A wrong . If you negate A the entire argument falls apart ?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by edvhou812 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:21 pm
With stuff like this, I usually treat it like a real life issue that I would critique. For example: Immediately after reading the article, I asked myself, "So what if there are foreign workers inside the domestic companies?" So of course it is 'E' because the argument assumes that domestic companies only employ domestic workers. Although 'A' makes sense, the heart of the article is that the President wants to keep foreign workers away from military secrets, not the qualifications of the companies.
I don't know what to say, really. Three minutes to the biggest battle of our professional lives. You find out life's this game of inches, so is football. Because in either game - life or football - the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite catch it. I'll tell you this, in any fight it's the guy whose willing to die whose gonna win that inch. That's football guys, that's all it is. Now, what are you gonna do?

Legendary Member
Followed by:26 members
GMAT Score:680

by sam2304 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:44 am
Assumptions are usually unstated premises.
Premise: Country M's domestic contractors are getting the defense contracts.
Conclusion: Job opportunities will improve. Option E links the two providing an unstated assumption that Domestic workers are among the workers working for domestic contracts. Since domestic contractors are awarded with the contracts they increase the job opportunity.

Option A is wrong as contractors ability is not the underlying assumption for increase in job opportunities.
All the other options doesn't affect the conclusion directly.