720 Q49 V38

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

720 Q49 V38

by Mentacow82 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:31 pm
Just took the test today and beat my mark of 700. My verbal score is actually more of a surprise than my quant score. I find math on the test to be easier for this test, although I know that I will probably get 2 ds questions wrong. Going through verbal I feel lost most of the time, I take it one question at a time and can narrow it down to two. The biggest thing I can take from the practice tests are you can get several questions wrong and still get a good score. I was getting 7 wrong out of 37 in math and coming in at 50 and I know i got a lot more wrong in Verbal. This gave me confidence when taking the test that I knew I was going to get more than a few wrong in Verbal, but if I just get 2,3 or 4 more right(was getting 12 to 15 wrong in practice tests) it can bring up my score a good amount. I got a 32, 33, and 34 in verbal practice tests and was coming in at 690(Q 50). So i was relaxed for the verbal part, although somewhat painful going through it, and somewhat luckily managed to get 38 bringing up my score 30 points.

Legendary Member
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:720

by vineeshp » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:07 pm
Congrats. I have a similar score!
Vineesh,
Just telling you what I know and think. I am not the expert. :)