non profit background

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

non profit background

by prisonerofazkaban » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:09 pm
i belong to an underdeveloped country and living in USA for the past 4 years.In USA i have worked for one of the biggest bank in its consumer banking division and always met or exceeded my goals, on several occasions i was recognized for going above and beyond.Back home i was involved with non profits throughout high school to undergrad, I even managed one of the non profits as a manager: creating new proposals for fund raising and for community uplift i motivated people to send their children to school,to name a few. I have a undergrad degree in finance with 3.2 GPA. I haven't sat for the gmat yet but i am looking to apply for top 10 business schools in usa this fall. what is your opinion about my chances of getting into any of the top ten ? thanks !

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:51 am
Dear prisonerofazkaban,

Your profile is incomplete, so it is impossible to comment on your chances at any program. Generally speaking, your GPA is right around or slightly below average for top MBA programs. Thus you will need a strong GMAT score to demonstrate your academic aptitude and be competitive in the international applicant pool. Your work experience seems on target, so be sure to highlight your career trajectory and accomplishments effectively. Finally, your nonprofit work during college is good, but you need to show you have continued to be involved in the community or other activities after college.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me