B School Selection

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

B School Selection

by siranak » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:04 pm
Could someone please give me a list of schools which i can target.
I am thinking Columbia, Yale and Carnegie Mellon
Indian Male, 26 years
Undergrad : Engineering (IT) GPA : Highest grade possible (Didnt have the GPA system)
Grad : PGDBM (IIM Indore)(MBA eq.)
Work ex : 10 months pre post grad(Infosys) and 15 months since(Big 4).
Reason for second MBA : Did the first time straight out of college without much of an idea of what i wanted to do. This time plan to properly structure mu course so that i can derive max benefit to learn about my target field.(Mngmt consulting/ strategic mngmt)
GMAT Score : 770 (50,44, 4.5)

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:58 am
Dear siranak,

For tips on identifying schools that might be a match for you, please read our sticky on school selection. There are many factors to consider when determining your school list, most of which are specific to you. Once you have a possible list, then I strongly encourage you to determine if you are eligible to apply with your current master's degree. If it is viewed as equivalent to an MBA from the school you are considering, then you may be ineligible to apply.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by siranak » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:48 am
Thanks Lisa.
What i wan tot know is that with a decent reason to do it a second time around, can i target the three mentioned schools with my profile?
Lisa Anderson wrote:Dear siranak,

For tips on identifying schools that might be a match for you, please read our sticky on school selection. There are many factors to consider when determining your school list, most of which are specific to you. Once you have a possible list, then I strongly encourage you to determine if you are eligible to apply with your current master's degree. If it is viewed as equivalent to an MBA from the school you are considering, then you may be ineligible to apply.

Good luck,
Lisa