EXTRA CURRICS

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

EXTRA CURRICS

by SHASHANK RAINA » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:58 am
HEY LISA,
WHILE TRYING TO RESEARCH A BIT ON THE MBA ADDMISSIONS PROCESS, I CAME ACROSS A FEW POINTS ABOUT WHICH I HAPPEN TO BE CLUELESS.

>>UNDERGRADUATE COURSES INCLUDE VARIOUS EXTRA CURRICS UNDER VARIOUS DISCIPLINES. THESE MAY INCLUDE CREATIVE WRITING,JOURNAL EDITING, MILITARY TRAINING, SPORTS AND SO ON. HOW ARE THESE FIELDS AND THE PROFICIENCY OF THE APPLICANT IN THESE FIELDS CONSIDERED BY/EVALUATED BY THE BUISNESS SCHOOLS, AS THEY HAPPEN TO PREFER STUDENTS WHO HAVE AN ALL ROUND ACADEMIC DEVELOPMENT?

--->Q)HOW CAN AN APPLICANT PRODUCE A SET OF DOCUMENTS AUTHENTICATING HIS/HER PROFICIENCY IN THESE FIELDS, SO AS TO STRENGTHEN THEIR APPLICATION?

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:44 pm
Dear Shashank,

Extracurricular activities are generally clubs and other organizations you are involved with outside of your coursework and/or job. Your skill level in these activities is not the focus; it is a track record of involvement, ideally with some leadership positions, that schools like to see. What schools are looking for is that you have varied interests that you pursue, can manage your time, and seek leadership opportunities. For applicants without much experience or who have not had a chance to lead or work on a team professionally, these activities are a means to demonstrate leadership and teamwork skills the business schools want to see in an applicant.

Regards,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me