URGENT CR QUERY..............PLZZZZZ HELP

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

URGENT CR QUERY..............PLZZZZZ HELP

by kushagra09 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:59 am
Dear fellow members and experts,

I needed a huge help, I am writing GMAT on 11th August and that leaves me with 2 weeks of prep time. I have not been faring well in the CR section and needed some extra practice material other than OG and Verbal review which I have already completed but has not significantly helped to improve my accuracy in the section. I tried to buy the LSAT official papers but the minimum delivery time in India for the book is 15 days which has truly disheartened me. I will be highly obliged and greatly indebted if you can provide me links of difficult CR questions (LSAT) or some worthwhile download material which have explanations to help me master the section. I really don't have time and will appreciate a prompt reply.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
Kushagra

Legendary Member
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:720

by vineeshp » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:04 am
Aristotle prep has 101 lsat questions.

www.aristotleprep.com.

Don try to read book and learn to much with abt 3 weeks to go. Just practice a few.
Vineesh,
Just telling you what I know and think. I am not the expert. :)

by kushagra09 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:11 am
hey thanks mate.

But are these Aristotle questions difficult than OG for a better practice.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Ozlemg » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:48 am
my friend,

LSAT CR questions have different mentatilty, reasoning than GMAT CR. Never waste your time with them. They may not be as helpful as you think they willl be!

Surf in forums for CR tips, hints and try to figure out where you do mostly, studbornly, make mistakes and how to progess : is it because you could not determine the conclusion, premises properly or you missed a detail or you make a flaw in the reasoining...
The more you suffer before the test, the less you will do so in the test! :)

by sandy217 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:40 am
Did you read "Critical Reasoning Bible" --Power score
If not, i advice you to read it. I am reasonably sure it will help u increase ur strike rate by 10 % points.(provided you are not in 85-100% range )

by kushagra09 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:57 am
hi sandy,

I have the powerscore bible and I had just brushed it initially, not properly done; dont think I have time for that, if you can let me know on chapters that are must from the bible, I can look at doing them. Plus, I want to practice a lot of questions to help my case.

any suggestions.

Thanks

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Success83 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:16 am
Hi Kushagra,

As mentioned in earlier post, understanding why are you making mistakes will help improve your score instead of devouring newer material.

Had i been in your position, i would have gone back to OG12 and looked into each and every CR problem and its correct/incorrect solution, irrespective of whether i got the question correct.

by sandy217 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:52 pm
kushagra09 wrote:hi sandy,

I have the powerscore bible and I had just brushed it initially, not properly done; dont think I have time for that, if you can let me know on chapters that are must from the bible, I can look at doing them. Plus, I want to practice a lot of questions to help my case.

any suggestions.

Thanks
It will not take more than a day or two.Get the strategy.Strategy is key in Critical reasoning.Paraphrasing the stimulus and arriving at potential answer after reading Question stem is crucial.700-800 range questions have close answer choices.If u paraphrase the question correctly, u can easily eliminate the exaggerated answers.
Attacking the question right after reading stimulus (w/o paraphrasing) will definitely put you in trouble.It kills your accuracy and precious time.

Adapt a strategy and practice more.

Thanks
~