Plz Evaluate: Indian-IT-Male-GMAT 760-6 Yrs WE- Gud EC

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:760
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile and let me know which category of schools i can target. Am providing info in a QnA format.

1) Brief description of your full-time work experience.

-By fall 2012, I will be having 6.5 years work ex in a top IT services firm in India
-Have worked for Fortune 500 clients based in US.
-Have extensive experience in planning, delivering and managing complex software projects that involve multiple technologies, stake holders and delivery teams.
-Have lead team(s) of 6 to 10 members.
-Have received good appreciations and Star-of-the-month kind rewards.
-had successfully spearheaded Media Campaign and communications for two high profile week long Techfests.

2) Your GMAT.
760 Q50V44

3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.

College: Anna University, Chennai (One of the Top 10 institutes in India)
GPA: 7 (on a 10 point scale)
Major: Production Engineering

4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.

Public Relations officer of a club @ college
Headed a student political party election campaign @ college
Founded a new motivation system to foster healthy competition and improve associate's yearly appraisal goals achievement @ work
Spearheaded Media campaigns for hi profile Techfest @ work

5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.
Nil. I have a IBM Certified Database Associate certificate.

6) Your target programs.
I am targeting "elite" schools strong in marketing curriculum and can get me jobs in B2C Tech industry. (Haas and the like - research on B schools ongoing).

7) Your post-MBA goal.

Marketing jobs (Brand management/ Product management) in B2C Tech industry -software products, Digital marketing, Social media.
A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn to glorious success.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:81 members

by Stacey Oyler » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:47 am
Hi,

Thanks for your post. Given the information you've shared, I think you should look at top 20 US programs. Your work experience and GMAT are solid and you also seem to have a fair amount of extracurricular activities (with some leadership experience) since graduating.

The two areas that might make the admissions process challenging are your age (your years of works experience are higher than average at most top programs), and the applicant pool in which you fall. You will need to find ways to stand out in the pool by demonstrating your unique attributes. You'll also want to craft a solid goals essay to explain why now truly is the right time to get your MBA (so that the adcom won't question your timing and wonder why you didn't apply 2-3 years ago).

Best of luck,

Stacey
Sign up for my MBA admissions course, featuring me and other Clear Admit experts, by visiting: https://www.udemy.com/business-school

Stacey Oyler
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:760

by JK. » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:19 am
Thanks much Stacey. It helps.
A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn to glorious success.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:81 members

by Stacey Oyler » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:47 am
Glad to help!

Stacey
Sign up for my MBA admissions course, featuring me and other Clear Admit experts, by visiting: https://www.udemy.com/business-school

Stacey Oyler
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.