Power score CR bible....

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Power score CR bible....

by abidshariff » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:22 am
Guysss....I have taken GMAT once and scored 650(quant:50,verbal:28), much lesser than what I had expected. I totally messed up the CR section. I prepared for 6 months and then I saw that score of 650 and utterly disappointed. I want these materials to improve my score in CR section:

POWERSCORE CR
Manhattan GMAT's Critical Reasoning GMAT Preparation Guide (4th Edition)

If any of you guys have either of the above materials, please share a copy with me. I am planning to take the test again and really want to nail it this time. I have a month's time before I give my exam for the 2nd, probably the last time. I want to apply for the fall next year by round1(because I badly need a scholarship).

I can share the test experience, any details you want about the test. Please help me with this.

Thanks,
Abid
[email protected]

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:60 members

by arun@crackverbal » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:32 am
My take is there is more than just CR behind that 28 raw score. What makes you so sure that fixing CR will boost it to a 700+? What were your scores on the GMATPrep? How well did you do in your 6-month prep (wow! that's way too much if you ask me)?

Also the books you are planning to buy are not necessarily the panacea for your ills. You will also need to introspect and understand where and why you went wrong.

Arun
Founder of CrackVerbal - India's fastest growing GMAT Prepration and MBA Admissions Consulting Company. https://gmat.crackverbal.com

Free Ebook on GMAT | GMAT Scoring, Study plan, top study mistakes etc
Download here: https://gmat.crackverbal.com/15-minute-gmat-guide

Good enough to get into Harvard? Or would be it ISB? Get a free profile report PDF mailed to you: https://applications.crackverbal.com/fre ... valuation/

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by abidshariff » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:30 am
Hi arun,

The main problem with me was the time. In the Gmat prep I used to consistently score 720s and 730s, some questions being repeated. But then, I thought those were good enough scores to get a 700+ in gmat. I was really disappointed with the score.. I want to turn the things around in a month..Deep inside I know that I am worth a lot more than just a 650..believe me...can u help me out how to tackle with the time factor...Let me put my analysis of the exam for u

quest no----topic----time left
1----------- SC------73:16
2-----------SC-------71(messed it up)
3-----------CR-------68:30
4---------- CR-------dont rem
12--------- RC--------47
For the last 9 questions, I was left with 10 mins of time.

So I was totally scared and was not able to digest what the question was saying.

I had the 1st RC set, so huge that I took around 8 mins to make the road map of that...

I came to know that huge RC sets are indeed easier ones to answer..What way I have to go for the big RCs..A road map is taking too long a time...

Any approach that u would suggest me to follow for verbal...

Please help me...