Veritas Prep Reading Comprehension

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hi ,

I bought Veritas Prep Reading Comprehension Book through Flipkart.com .

I wanted to check whether the Second Edition is the latest Edition of that book by Veritas

Please reply

Thanks!

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:512 members
GMAT Score:770

by David@VeritasPrep » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:20 am
The edition sold on Flipkart is the newest edition. It has a blue cover with gold writing and I found it at this link https://www.flipkart.com/books/193624007 ... q2x3fo50zd

The passages in this book are, in my experience, a little tougher than most of those in the OG so they are good practice.

Let me know if you have questions when you are reading this book. You can post any questions you have to the Reading Comp forum and be sure to send me a PM so that I will know to take a look. Don't hesitate in asking any questions you have specific to the book or to reading comprehension in general!
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by blue.vikasbhardwaj@gmail. » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:28 am
David@VeritasPrep wrote:The edition sold on Flipkart is the newest edition. It has a blue cover with gold writing and I found it at this link https://www.flipkart.com/books/193624007 ... q2x3fo50zd

The passages in this book are, in my experience, a little tougher than most of those in the OG so they are good practice.

Let me know if you have questions when you are reading this book. You can post any questions you have to the Reading Comp forum and be sure to send me a PM so that I will know to take a look. Don't hesitate in asking any questions you have specific to the book or to reading comprehension in general!
Thanks David .

I became a little circumspect , since it was mentioned Second Edition , Copyright 2009 . I felt that Veritas would have come up with some latest editions since then.

Anyways , Thanks a lot

Regards,
Vikas Bhardwaj

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:700

by mriiidula » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:45 am
Yep that's the most recent one, that's what I recently bought as well. It's good practice.
Follow my GMAT Journey here:
https://magicalmri.blocked

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:255 members
GMAT Score:750

by Brian@VeritasPrep » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:28 am
I became a little circumspect , since it was mentioned Second Edition , Copyright 2009 .
Just a quick note on that - we've definitely made some tweaks here and there since 2009 but no major overhaul on that book (Reading Comprehension as a genre hasn't changed at all). And if anyone were to change that date it would have to be me (I'm the keeper of the master book files), and I haven't bothered with changing the copyright dates unless it's a completely new book. Any new version that you purchase today has probably been updated in the last six months with little fixes, some extra sidebar guidance, etc., but that date won't change until it's a major "your book is different from the 2009 version so you might not be able to follow along" overhaul.

I don't know if that's proper editorial protocol, but changing any text on those title pages in editorial software is such a pain in the neck that I'm not doing it unless I absolutely have to!
Brian Galvin
GMAT Instructor
Chief Academic Officer
Veritas Prep

Looking for GMAT practice questions? Try out the Veritas Prep Question Bank. Learn More.