Plan. Resources needed?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Plan. Resources needed?

by dshan80 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:51 am
Hi

I am looking to study for the GMAT 2 hours a day, 6 days a week for 2-3 months. I am looking to get into a middling graduate program, definitely not prestigious but nothing to sneeze at.

What resources would I need (and nothing in excess) to have a well rounded preparation for the exam?

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by Spike142 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:44 pm
First; Welcome to by far the most superior GMAT forum on the Web. This has been by far the most useful resource at my finger tips while I have been studying for the GMAT.

WELCOME TO WAR! In order to win the battle against the GMAT you will need to arm yourself with an array of efficient and effective resources.

Resources and Materials:
(Building your arsenal)
1) GMAT Prep - Found at MBA.com
Simply hands down the best practice test out there. It offers two test, each with its own bank of questions that have been retired from previous GMAT Tests. We here like to think of this as close as it gets to the actual test. In the end it will even give you a score of how well you did. The best part about this resource is; IT'S FREE!

2) Official Guide Review - Can be found at most book stores or ordered online.
This is a must in your arsenal, I can guarantee that everyone on this forum has a copy of this book. It again consists of retired GMAT questions. Each section of the book includes a small and helpful review before moving into the actual questions. Overall a must need in your arsenal.

3) The Manhattan GMAT Strategy Guides - Order online or through a local book store.
This has been by far the most my useful tools when actually learning the required material. There is a total of 8 guides, and this sounds like a lot but each book is only around 100 pages. The authors go into great detail about each subject covered on the test and a very through in explaining the various problems you will encounter. The books also have reviews after each chapter containing practice problems that will test your fundamentals of each subject previously covered. This has been my overall favorite collection of books. A little pricey but well WORTH the money spent

Good luck on your studies!
If your going to make the conscious decision to something, then you gotta either do it or not do it - it's as simple as that - Travis Rice

by dshan80 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:39 am
thanks!

this will be sufficient to study in the test material's entirety?

is there a oorresponding scheduling plan that comes with the 8 Manhatten books? or does any plan on this site mirror a plan for these resources?

by shivgan3 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:00 am
Hi,
I am also planning to give GMAT in the next 30-45 days.

Check out this video for self study:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL1AF085D96FF6BC45

The powerpoint presentations are uploaded on this website:
https://freegregmatclass.com/free_gmat_classes.html

You can join the discussions on virtual classrooms here:
https://www.wiziq.com/course/697-GMAT-Study-Group