Hec Montreal or Schulich 2011

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Hec Montreal or Schulich 2011

by jcbernal45 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:38 pm
Hello,

I have been accepted to both programs! Which one should I choose?

I live in Montreal and would probably like to work there post-mba, but I would not mind working in Toronto especially if it's for a good job. HEC doesn't seem to participate in many rankings while Schulich is strongly positioned in many reputed rankings(10th in the world!!! as of the last economist review)

However, reading comments over the internet, there are mix reviews about Schulich. Lots of individuals seem to say that it is very overrated. Any truth to that? As far as HEC, there are not that many comments over the internet, but consensus say that the teachers are very strong. Also, since I live in Montreal, I would pay next to nothing because the school receives governmental subsities. HEC --> $7,000 (31,000 for international students) while Schulich --> $54,000.

Note I have 13 yrs of work experience. Just arrive as imigrant and want to do a full time program. I am more interested in strategy, general management and business development. Honestly, I believe that Schulich may be a better fit because its standings but HEC Montreal intenstive one year program its very atractive, altough the tuition difference is hard to ignore.

Help please!

Thanks,

JC