Find the argument

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Find the argument

by PankajRai » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:00 am
Can someone please help me drawing a conclusion based on below information?I am clueless here.

Although the discount stores in Goreville's central shopping district are expected to close within fi ve years as a
result of competition from a SpendLess discount department store that just opened, those locations will not
stay vacant for long. In the fi ve years since the opening of Colson's, a nondiscount department store, a new
store has opened at the location of every store in the shopping district that closed because it could not compete
with Colson's.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:3 members

by amit2k9 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:16 am
PankajRai wrote:Can someone please help me drawing a conclusion based on below information?I am clueless here.

Although the discount stores in Goreville's central shopping district are expected to close within fi ve years as a
result of competition from a SpendLess discount department store that just opened, those locations will not
stay vacant for long. In the fi ve years since the opening of Colson's, a nondiscount department store, a new
store has opened at the location of every store in the shopping district that closed because it could not compete
with Colson's.
Means that new stores will open in the places of those discount stores. The discount stores will be closed because of the competition. This is a co relation considered here.
For Understanding Sustainability,Green Businesses and Social Entrepreneurship visit -https://aamthoughts.blocked/
(Featured Best Green Site Worldwide-https://bloggers.com/green/popular/page2)

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:700

by sunnyjohn » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:39 am
those Store which might close as a result of competition from spend-less will not stay vacant for long time.

Reason:
Because stores which closed from competition by Colson did not stay vacant for long time.

There is a clearly a FLAW here-

A --> B
C --> B

Author is making a big assumption here by comparing A = C.