Profile evaluation: European, 27 yo, General Manager

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hi,

Appreciate if you could give me some preliminary inputs ref HBS, Stanford, Wharton applications.

-27 yo
-male
-european
-m.sc. engineering (105/110 in one country, 12/12 in another, since I took a period abroad) -> not sure how to translate it in gpa though..
-3 years work exp (4 end 2012) in a fortune 500 company (actually within first 150), position as general manager (2 promotions in 2 years), leading projects 100+ mill usd investment
-prior working, 6 months research on biofuels at university with publications on international journals
-extracurricula: currently developing a new business for a u.s. based company in italy and brasil with a team of 4, mix of entrepreneurship and sales activity together; this done in spare time, so not related to first job.
-gmat: 740 (awa: 6)

Any feedback highly appreciated.

Thanks!

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:32 pm
Dear emalby,

Based on the limited information in your post, you appear to have a solid foundation for a competitive application to top MBA programs. Whether or not you receive admission offers will be determined by how well you present your background and rationale for an MBA in your application packages. Use the essays, recommendations, resume and interview to your advantage to make a compelling case and distinguish your application from the competition.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me