Profile Evaluation

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by labatmolso » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:30 am
Thanks LISA!!
Last edited by labatmolso on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:58 am
Dear labatmolso,

Your GPA will not hold you back, but you do want to make sure your other application components are strengths for you. In other words, give the admissions committees plenty of reasons to want you in the class, but no reason to pass on you. I also encourage you to submit an optional essay or additional statement if given the opportunity on your undergraduate performance. You will want to note your lack of focus the first two years, and then use the bulk of the essay highlighting the evidence you are focused, motivated, and capable of excelling in business school. Your performance in your last 2 years, your graduate coursework and your GMAT score are all indications of your ability in that regard.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by labatmolso » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:10 pm
thank you lisa, I appreciate your input. One question, however: Are the schools I listed in my original post possible?
Thanks again.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:44 pm
Anything is possible--but your target schools will be more within reach the stronger your total application package is. It is always prudent to have a good mix of schools, so you might want to have 2-3 reasonable to safety options on your list as well.

Regards,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me