Very Low GMAT score - 490

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Very Low GMAT score - 490

by sam101 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:49 am
Hi,
I got very low GMAT scor 490. I just dont have time to retake it again. I am planning on applying for Part Time Online MBA.

I have 6+ years of experience in IT. I am currentl a Team Lead at Big 4 consulting leading multinational team on outsourcing project.

I have BS in Software Engineering with 3.4 GPA.

I am never good at Standardized test.

What are my chances of getting into Kelley Direct Online MBA program. If I dont get in, I am thinking of University of Maryland Online MBA Dual Degree with Cybersecurity-- How good is University of Maryland programs.

Please advise what should I do.

Thanks
Sam

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:26 pm
Dear Sam,

It is difficult to comment fully on your chances with the limited information you posted. However, I do think you should be concerned about your GMAT score. MBA programs look for applicants to score at a certain level on the GMAT, as well as on the individual sections, as your GMAT score is an indicator of how you will perform academically. If the admissions committee is concerned you cannot handle the rigor of the program, then that could result in a rejection of your application. I encourage you to research the online programs you are considering to determine the GMAT score ranges for their classes. If your score is outside the programs' mid-80% range, then the rest of your application will need to make a convincing case you can handle the academic rigor of the program.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me