OG CR...bowled'em...

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

OG CR...bowled'em...

by abidshariff » Wed May 18, 2011 9:41 am
Theater Critic: The play La Finestrina, now at Central Theater, was written in Italy in the eighteenth century. The
director claims that this production is as similar to the original production as is possible in a modern theater.
Although the actor who plays Harlequin the clown gives a performance very reminiscent of the twentieth-century
American comedian Groucho Marx, Marx's comic style was very much within the comic acting tradition that had
begun in sixteenth-century Italy.
The considerations given best serve as part of an argument that
(A) modern audiences would find it hard to tolerate certain characteristics of a historically accurate
performance of an eighteenth-century play
(8) Groucho Marx once performed the part of the character Harlequin in La Finestrina
(C) in the United States the training of actors in the twentieth century is based on principles that do not differ
radically from those that underlay the training of actors in eighteenth-century Italy
(D) the performance of the actor who plays Harlequin in La Finestrina does not serve as evidence against the
director's claim
(E) the director of La Finestrina must have advised the actor who plays Harlequin to model his performance on
comic performances of Groucho Marx

I have no clue. Can any of u guys help me what to do if we don't get the gist of the paragraph and still want to get it right?

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Calvin123 » Wed May 18, 2011 10:04 pm
abidshariff wrote:Theater Critic: The play La Finestrina, now at Central Theater, was written in Italy in the eighteenth century. The
director claims that this production is as similar to the original production as is possible in a modern theater.
Although the actor who plays Harlequin the clown gives a performance very reminiscent of the twentieth-century
American comedian Groucho Marx, Marx's comic style was very much within the comic acting tradition that had
begun in sixteenth-century Italy.
The considerations given best serve as part of an argument that
(A) modern audiences would find it hard to tolerate certain characteristics of a historically accurate
performance of an eighteenth-century play
(8) Groucho Marx once performed the part of the character Harlequin in La Finestrina
(C) in the United States the training of actors in the twentieth century is based on principles that do not differ
radically from those that underlay the training of actors in eighteenth-century Italy
(D) the performance of the actor who plays Harlequin in La Finestrina does not serve as evidence against the
director's claim
(E) the director of La Finestrina must have advised the actor who plays Harlequin to model his performance on
comic performances of Groucho Marx

I have no clue. Can any of u guys help me what to do if we don't get the gist of the paragraph and still want to get it right?
D is the answer:
Check this for explanation : https://www.beatthegmat.com/og12-the-pla ... 44568.html

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by itsmebharat » Mon May 30, 2011 2:11 am
Good One, thanks for posting
I am not an Expert, please feel free to suggest if there is an error.