KAPLAN Quiz Bank question

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

KAPLAN Quiz Bank question

by voodoo_child » Fri May 20, 2011 8:09 am
What do basic, intermediate and advanced level questions translate to in terms of score range ?

I know that advanced are 650+ ? Can anyone please shed some light ?

Does anyone have any experience in terms of Kaplan's difficulty vs. GMAT difficulty level ? AGAIN, I AM ONLY CONCERNED ABOUT VERBAL. I know that Kaplan's Quants are not that great.

Thanks
Voodoo

by voodoo_child » Sat May 21, 2011 12:32 pm
CAn anyone from Kaplan please reply ? Thanks

Voodoo

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:62 members

by KapTeacherEli » Mon May 23, 2011 9:53 am
Hi Voodoo,

Our Advanced problems start around 600-650 level, though some are higher. Our basic problem correspond to about 450, but this is a rough estimate as well.

Thanks for your patience on the reply, and sorry it took me a few days to get to it. Please feel free to PM me if I don't see your threads; I try to search for Kaplan related questions, but I'm only human! :-)

Best of luck prepping.
Eli Meyer
Kaplan GMAT Teacher
Cambridge, MA
www.kaptest.com/gmat

ImageImageImage

by voodoo_child » Mon May 23, 2011 1:06 pm
KapTeacherEli wrote:Hi Voodoo,

Our Advanced problems start around 600-650 level, though some are higher. Our basic problem correspond to about 450, but this is a rough estimate as well.

Thanks for your patience on the reply, and sorry it took me a few days to get to it. Please feel free to PM me if I don't see your threads; I try to search for Kaplan related questions, but I'm only human! :-)

Best of luck prepping.
Thanks Eli! How does Kaplan Verbal relate to the actual GMAT Verbal in terms of difficulty? I am curious. My only concern is that I dont want to keep on solving 650 level questions and then get stumped by a 700+ question. My understanding may be incorrect. What can I do to practice with 700+ questions ? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Voodoo

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:62 members

by KapTeacherEli » Mon May 23, 2011 7:07 pm
Our problems are modeled after actual GMAT problems, so they are as accurate and test-like as we can make them. We also do our best to score them as accurately as possible, but like all other test-prep companies, we don't have an effective way to collect student scores on the real test and compare them to their performance on our practice exams. We don't like that we have to guess, but it's a necessary evil! We do compare the statistical performance among our problems and tests, and compare out overall results to actual test results, on a regular basis to do everything we can to ensure accuracy.
Eli Meyer
Kaplan GMAT Teacher
Cambridge, MA
www.kaptest.com/gmat

ImageImageImage