gre quant 710 verbal 450 , which MIF programshould i apply

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
hello everyone

i am from india and mba finance ( not from prominent ) 74 % , 2002 passout and bachelors in commerce 68 % ( top 3 in the college ) . cfa level 1 pas s ( 2005 ) .
i m having banking experience ( retail as well as corporate) of 9 years without gap.
presenly working as manager in trade finance and forex services in a govt owned bank in india . i wish to persue masters in finance of 1 year duration and also enrolled ( for some accounting professional courses like ( cwa ) comparable with mnagement accounting degree from ima , usa ) . only enrolled . i want transform myself into a good finance guy in next 1- 1/2 years and also ready to persue some course on risk/accounting etc . my gre quant is 710 and verbal 450 ( taken recently)
pls guide me , if i can apply for some master in finance programs in uk/europe/usa which are reputed and where chances of acceptance may be somewhat on the higher side .

Legendary Member
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:720

by vineeshp » Mon May 23, 2011 1:56 am
This is GMAT site. I doubt if anyone here will be able to help.

You should try edulix.com for GRE related help.
Vineesh,
Just telling you what I know and think. I am not the expert. :)

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:81 members

by Stacey Oyler » Wed May 25, 2011 3:16 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your post. At this point in time I think you should focus your time and energy on preparing to retake the GRE (or to take the GMAT) with a goal to greatly increase your verbal score. While the quant score is important and a good indication of performance in the classroom, admissions committees will likely have concerns about your verbal score and communication skills. If you can you should try to take a prep course that can help you focus on increasing your score.

Best,

Stacey
Sign up for my MBA admissions course, featuring me and other Clear Admit experts, by visiting: https://www.udemy.com/business-school

Stacey Oyler
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.