Practice test - older version

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:680

Practice test - older version

by beatitin11 » Sat May 14, 2011 1:06 am
I have an official Kaplan 2008 book. I had bought it in 2008, but didn't use it. As I am currently doing several practice tests (Princeton, MGMAT and GMATPrep), I am planning to use the Kaplan 2008 CD for Kaplan practice tests. Have the Kaplan tests today changed drastically from 2008? Will it worth for me to buy a new Kaplan book for the latest tests, or should I just use the older 2008 version? Currently, I don't intend to give all the Kaplan tests. At the max, I may give 2 Kaplan tests along with all MGMAT and GMATPrep tests.

Legendary Member
Followed by:10 members
GMAT Score:700

by prachich1987 » Sat May 14, 2011 7:18 pm
I would say MGMAT,GMATPrep and other free tests such as Princeton's,Verita's are more than enough to get a grip on GMAT.
If you want more practice u can buy Kaplan.
But Kaplan tests are not at all representative of actual GMAT.
So the scores u get may be totally different from the score you get in actual GMAT.
On the other hand MGMAT tests are quiet good.But MGMAT SCs are little different from the SCs you get on actual GMAT.Hence in the last few days of your preparation after you are done with both the GMATPreps you can go through the MGMAT forum for GMATPrep SCs.
All the best!
Thanks!
Prachi

Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members
GMAT Score:730

by rohu27 » Sun May 15, 2011 2:15 am
Dont worry about Kaplan tests. Their so called adaptive tests give you chunk of DS,PS,RC,SC,CR at a time. you can figure out how adaptive they are then.(i ahve the updated CATs)
Their customer service too deosnt bother to provide you with proper replies.
Just give them if you need xtra practise on timing etc.

MGMAT is the best!!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:680

by beatitin11 » Sun May 15, 2011 7:20 am
Thanks Rohu and Prachi for your advise. I am taking up Prachi's suggestion to attempt the free tests of other vendors. I just registered myself to Veritas and Knewton.