Schulich 2011

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

Schulich 2011

by sch » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:06 pm
Just got an e-mail this morning, I got in Schulich IMBA 2011 start. I always pictured this moment and thought I would be happy. When I found out that I got in, my heart sank actually. I just couldnt stop feeling the pressure of $90 000 loan I need, to finance the degree (I got no money lol). Before MBA was a dream, now its RESPONSIBILITY!

My profile (because everyone will ask) 24 Male, from Winnipeg. University of Manitoba grad in political studies. 3.1 overall GPA, 3.3 last two years. GMAT 610. 4 years of retail experience (no managerial experience) while completing my degree part-time.
Applied around 10th of Novermber.

I do want to thank this forum for support and resources it has provided for me. I remember using Princeton review to study and get really frustrated because I have memorized the whole book and still couldn't score above 520. Thanks to this forum I found out about MGMAT and Power Score. I bought all their guides. I didn't have enough time to master every concept in every guide as time for application drew near and I wanted to apply early. Whatever I got from these guides was enough for a 100 point improvement. Although its not the score I wanted, it did the trick, I got in my number one school of choice. A very big thank you to Manhattan GMAT and Power Score employees.

Any other Schulich admit's post here!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:49 pm
Congrats on that Schulich admit! And haha, love your first reaction--don't be sad. Your MBA is truly an investment that will pay off well more that $90,000 in your career and lifetime.

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences, and really appreciate those kinds words you said about our community. We're celebrating here with you! :)
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Site Admin
Followed by:550 members
GMAT Score:770

by DanaJ » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:50 am
Congrats on the admit! I guess you could look at it as an early Christmas present, right? :)

Legendary Member
Followed by:10 members
GMAT Score:700

by prachich1987 » Thu May 12, 2011 10:01 am
hi sch

congrats on getting into schulich
even i am planning to apply for schulich January intake.
I am a 24yr old Indian female with GMAT score-700.
Did u get any scholarhips?
How r u managing to finance ur mba?
Mine is the same position as urs :(
I really don't want to take huge loans.
Thanks!
Prachi

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by sch » Sat May 14, 2011 1:27 pm
prachich1987 wrote:hi sch

congrats on getting into schulich
even i am planning to apply for schulich January intake.
I am a 24yr old Indian female with GMAT score-700.
Did u get any scholarhips?
How r u managing to finance ur mba?
Mine is the same position as urs :(
I really don't want to take huge loans.
I'm financing my IMBA through loans. I will be applying for a student credit line from TD in amount of $60 000 - $80 000 and another $20 000 will come from government loans. Im hoping to be conservative in my spending during my studies so that after graduation my debt would be moderate.

I did get a $5000 scholarship and $2000 bursary.