Profile Evaluation Request

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:760

Profile Evaluation Request

by gullubadshah » Sat May 07, 2011 10:41 pm
Hi,

I am looking for a realistic evaluation of my profile for applying to MBA schools this fall :

:lol: Disadvantaged Indian Male

Education: B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT).

CGPA: 7.67 on a 10 scale.

Work Ex: Approx four years.
2007: Started out as a Software Engineer in a Fortune 500 company
left the job cause i didnt think either of us suited each other, joined manufacturing operations in another Fortune 500 behemoth (can show strong career focus :) )
2007-2009: Manufacturing engineer for a hi-tech manufacturing company in India
2010-date: Transferred to the French office of the company, currently working around Paris

Extra curricular:
1. Quizzing - have won national level competitions, setup the quiz club at my university
2. helped set up institute's Alumni association after graduation
3. travel freak - will go anywhere, anytime :twisted:
4. part of the health and safety initiative at my workplace, write articles for the newsletter (in French :shock:)

GMAT: Aiming for 750, exam due in June first week

MBA-focus: want to move into operations/strategic management, looking at MIT, Kellogg, Tepper CMU, Ross and Krannert

I would appreciate your feedback on the overall strength of my candidacy, my choice of schools (considering my focus are they OK or should I look aim for others) and should I wait for another year before applying ?

Thanks in advance.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Mon May 09, 2011 8:31 am
Dear gullubadshah,

Pending your GMAT score, you have a competitive profile with many positives. Your school list is appropriate for your area of focus and is a good mix of reach to reasonable schools (assuming a 700+ GMAT). The critical factor for you to have the best chance at any of these programs is being able to distinguish your application from similar applicants. Working in France and your extracurricular activities might be an advantage for you in that endeavor. I don't think you need to wait another year unless you feel you are not ready and/or you have a professional opportunity you cannot pass up.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me