660(Q47,V34).plan for 2012 .anybody planning for same year??

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hello friends,
I recently took gmat and scored 660, I am planning for 2012 intake....if anybody is planning for same....kindly contact me....lets help each other...:)

mayank

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by ronaldramlan » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:47 am
Glad to know that we're on the same boat. Where are you applying?

by silverlineinsky » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:37 pm
Hey ronaldramlan

Good to see ur reply...

I am targetting Singapore and australia colleges...what about u??

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:710

by ankurmit » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:39 pm
Score 650

Planning for 2012 class.

Please mention list of your targetted colleges.
--------
Ankur mittal

by silverlineinsky » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:20 am
Hi, ankurmit

I am targetting NUS, NTU, HKUST, MBS, AGSM..

what about u??

by ronaldramlan » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:43 am
I'm looking at mainly US schools. My top 3 would be Tepper, Cornell and Darden.
I understand that their GMAT scores average slightly at 700; however, I somehow believe that my work experience would be able to counteract my GMAT.

Legendary Member
GMAT Score:710

by ankurmit » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:51 am
Same here.I am also targeting cornell and Darden.
can we all share our profiles here ?

About me :

Indian -Telecom engineer

5 yrs of work exp in telecom sector (project management), 1 yr of entrepreneurial exp.Running marketing/PR company in Mumbai.
--------
Ankur mittal

by ronaldramlan » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:32 am
Hi Ankur,

Are you looking at R1 (Sep/Oct)? If so, you are working on your essays and recommendations?
Some say that one should finish up with recommendations before compiling essays, what about your case?

What would be your post MBA goal?

Btw, I have around 7 year-work experience in a power and industrial automation company. I started as a technical engineer for about a year before I moved to marketing/business development.

Cheers.
Ronald

GMAT Score:650

by Iceman1294 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:39 pm
Hey Guys,

Even, I'm in the same boat as most guys here. I have a 650 GMAT with 5 years work ex.

I am lookin aat doing my MBA from US or Asia. Europe looks to be tooo expensive and also Work regulations look very strict there. Am still shortlisting colleges, its a longer process for me coz of my 3year degree, not many colleges accept tht.

So far I have found out the following colleges on my shortlist.

Aspirational Schools: ISB, Hyderabad
Realistic Schools: Great Lakes, Chennai; Thunderbird
Safe School: SP Jain Singapore Dubai; HULT

I am lookin to apply to 10 schols in all, coz this year i definitely wanna go for my MBA. I tried once about 2-3 years back but it did not work out.

Would appreciate any help (have looked at some 20 odd schools as part of my research, but can't apply coz of the 3 year degre thing)
Cheers!!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by sidsalil » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:34 pm
Hey Guys,
Even I am planning for Fall 2012 intake. Haven't taken my GMAT yet; but the big day is just a couple of months away. Any tips/advice is welcome.
Will be in touch with you guys on this post.
Regards,

by ronaldramlan » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:33 am
Iceman1294 wrote: I am lookin aat doing my MBA from US or Asia. Europe looks to be tooo expensive and also Work regulations look very strict there.
On the contrary, European schools usually take 1 year to finish; thus, they usually cost significantly less than their US counterparts. Also, so far to what I have learned, UK and US are currently the countries with the most stringent employment regulations because UK is still struggling with its economic, and although the US has recovered from the crisis, the employment has yet to catch up.

by ronaldramlan » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:38 am
sidsalil wrote:Hey Guys,
Even I am planning for Fall 2012 intake. Haven't taken my GMAT yet; but the big day is just a couple of months away. Any tips/advice is welcome.
Will be in touch with you guys on this post.
Regards,
When taking practice tests, always make sure that you work the essays before Q and V. Don't simply skip the essays and go directly to Q and V sections. If you do so, there is a chance that your score gets inflated.

GMAT Score:660

by GMAT_1986_subha » Thu May 05, 2011 8:10 pm
GMAT 650 with 5 yrs work experience in Corporate Finance.
Target Schools:

Stretch: ISB
Reach: Mays, Smurtfit
Safe: SP Jain, Iowa State University
If Life is a game, I like to play it in my Way

GMAT Score:660

by GMAT_1986_subha » Thu May 05, 2011 8:12 pm
Iceman1294 wrote:Hey Guys,

Even, I'm in the same boat as most guys here. I have a 650 GMAT with 5 years work ex.

I am lookin aat doing my MBA from US or Asia. Europe looks to be tooo expensive and also Work regulations look very strict there. Am still shortlisting colleges, its a longer process for me coz of my 3year degree, not many colleges accept tht.

So far I have found out the following colleges on my shortlist.

Aspirational Schools: ISB, Hyderabad
Realistic Schools: Great Lakes, Chennai; Thunderbird
Safe School: SP Jain Singapore Dubai; HULT

I am lookin to apply to 10 schols in all, coz this year i definitely wanna go for my MBA. I tried once about 2-3 years back but it did not work out.

Would appreciate any help (have looked at some 20 odd schools as part of my research, but can't apply coz of the 3 year degre thing)
WOW!!! our profile & situation does match

GMAT 650 with 5 yrs work experience in Corporate Finance.
Target Schools:

Stretch: ISB
Reach: Mays, Smurtfit
Safe: SP Jain, Iowa State University
If Life is a game, I like to play it in my Way

GMAT Score:650

by Iceman1294 » Thu May 05, 2011 11:26 pm
Well, I have 5 years work ex, in varying fields, i started off with hotels, realised it wasn;t for me and was working in an NGO after that for a year and a half. Have moved into BTL Marketing and have been here for almost 2 years now. My situation is a lil weird, and i know my essays will have to be strong for me to make it in any school. I always wanted to get into marketing, but the break i got after college(I did Hotel management) was a very good one, and extremely hard to get, which made me think maybe i'm making a mistake by not giving hotels a chance. So I went for it.

Have been doing my research for almost a month now and must've looked at 50 schools at least (all over the world, except Australia & New Zealand). I'm applying to 10 schools to get a better chance. My shortlist now stands as.

Aspirational: ISB, National University of Singapore
Realistic: Great Lakes Institute of Management, Thunderbird, Southern Methodist University: Cox school of business
Safe: SP Jain Singapore & Dubai, HULT

I'm looking to apply to 1 Canadian school as well, *ANYONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW, IF YOU KNOW OF A GOOD CANADIAN SCHOOL, GOOD MARKETING FACULTY, GOOD PLACEMENT RECORD, WHICH ACCEPTS A 3YEAR DEGREE*

GMAT_1986_Subha, lemme know if you need any help in shortlisting schools (trust me i've looked at a lot of em) If you are looking at Finance, you can also look at Boston College, Carroll School of Management or Simon school of business (University of Rochester)

ronaldramlan - I looked at a lot of European schools, the tuition and living expenses is coming out to be more expensive than a US School(Even though its a 1 year program), Also Employment regulations in Europe are very stringent and it is not easy to get a job(Especially since I'm an Indian). The hardest of the lot being UK. Also I've spoken to a lot of people who are in Europe or who have done their MBA from there. This is what I found out:-
1) It is much much harder for an Asian (especially Indians) to get a job in the UK, next to impossible
2) Anywhere else in Europe it is necessary for you to learn the language of the country that you are in also besides English
3) Even if one gets a job - There is racism!! More in UK than anywhere else, and a lot of Asians (especially Indians) Suffer

Hope this helps. Also please help in shortlisting, i'm missing 3 colleges still
Cheers!!