Gmat Cr--Need Help

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

Gmat Cr--Need Help

by Chaitanya_1986 » Tue May 03, 2011 1:51 am
If new working practices raise a firm's productivity, will the firm respond by paying its workers more? Not in a competitive market. In such a market the firm, to gain a competitive edge, will reduce prices. The workers' real wages, as measured by those wages' purchasing power, will still rise because of lower prices.

In a competitive market which of the following, if true, ensures that the workers of a firm that achieved productivity gains will derive from these gains the benefit of higher real wages?

(A) The workers' firm continues to achieve productivity gains.
(B) Other firms do not achieve comparable productivity gains.
(C) The workers buy products made by the firm that employs them.
(D) The workers prefer the new working practices over the old.
(E) The firm pays its workers at or above the industry's average.

OA is C

Legendary Member
Followed by:26 members

by mundasingh123 » Tue May 03, 2011 1:58 am
Chaitanya_1986 wrote:If new working practices raise a firm's productivity, will the firm respond by paying its workers more? Not in a competitive market. In such a market the firm, to gain a competitive edge, will reduce prices. The workers' real wages, as measured by those wages' purchasing power, will still rise because of lower prices.

In a competitive market which of the following, if true, ensures that the workers of a firm that achieved productivity gains will derive from these gains the benefit of higher real wages?

(A) The workers' firm continues to achieve productivity gains.
(B) Other firms do not achieve comparable productivity gains.
(C) The workers buy products made by the firm that employs them.
(D) The workers prefer the new working practices over the old.
(E) The firm pays its workers at or above the industry's average.

OA is C
you must be confused by choices other than C . C is the only choice that attacks the logic of the question . This is an assumption question,so if you negate C , the conclusion is destroyed
I Seek Explanations Not Answers

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by Chaitanya_1986 » Tue May 03, 2011 7:54 am
Yeah MundaSingh....I got it now....Actually i read it during afternoon in drowsiness....Now i got the point...