15 Days left! Suggestions please

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

15 Days left! Suggestions please

by vikrantr93 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:43 am
Yup, I've got barely 2 weeks left before I appear for GMAT.
Till today, I've finished solving OG12, OG verbal review. I did some of LSAT sets for CR (around 200). I've hardly exercised RC.
I haven't done a lot of quant though, because Verbal has been giving me trouble.

I've taken 4 CATs
GMATPrep 1 (w/o any preparation, 1.5 month ago) : 540
MGMAT 1 (1 month ago) : 630
GMATPrep 2 (1 week ago) : 640
MGMAT 2 (3 days ago) : 700

Please suggest me a good study strategy for these last 2 weeks. I'm going through a lot of material, but I feel that I'm not able to grasp much. Currently I'm doing 300 BTG quant problems and OG 10 for verbal.
How many practice test should I take?
Last edited by vikrantr93 on Wed May 18, 2011 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Legendary Member
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:720

by vineeshp » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:08 pm
Here's my suggestion:

I suggest 2-3 practice tests. Take them all well spaced out and 2-3 days before the exam. You dont want to get tensed or stressed out one day before the exam.

Practice about 50 Math questions every day. Make sure that you review your mistakes. (most important step is the review)

Get yourself RC99 and practice 3-4 passages daily. Make sure you do it till the last test.

If you have SC material, review it every day. Go through the OG questions once again and see if you know all the concepts in SC. You just need to do 15-20 questions a day.

That's enough! :)
Vineesh,
Just telling you what I know and think. I am not the expert. :)

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by Dan@VinciaPrep » Mon May 02, 2011 7:29 am
Hello,
The key during the last week is review. Going back through all of the math problems, and all of the sentence correction questions that you had problems with (spent to long on, got wrong, had to guess on) is of upmost importance. It's during your review that you really get a grasp of all the information that you've gone through.
If my post helped you- let me know by pushing the thanks button ;)

I'm a private tutor in Paris, I provide online and in person consulting for the GMAT and MBA application essays.
GMAT tutor paris
Prepa GMAT