How to structure review of GMAT Prep Exam and others...

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi there,

I scored very poorly on my GMAT PREP Test 1 w/ a whopping 470! I needed to know how I should structure my review of the exam and how to structure my preparation based on that.

I have my test in 3 weeks and I'm shooting for a 200 pt increase!

Thanks in advance

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:512 members
GMAT Score:770

by David@VeritasPrep » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:47 pm
You might start this way in your review of the Quant section...

Sort the errors you made (and include any "guesses" in the errors category even if they ended up being correct). Sort your errors into two categories - knew how to do it and made a mistake along the way and did not know how to do it.

The "did not know how to do it" set may be easier for you to review - you must learn how to do this type of problem. Note that I did not say "how to do this problem. You will not see the exact problem again so make sure you can do the type of problem as well as the actual problem.

The "knew how but messed up along the way category" may even be larger. This category presents you with the challenge of developing some strategies and techniques to help you avoid making these "careless errors." I have written on BTG before about ways to avoid these careless errors.

So that is a start in terms of going over your test. Next time you take the test, also take note if a question took you longer than 3 minutes and add this to the errors category as well - even if you get it right - since more than 3 minutes is too long.
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course