Bicycles

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

Bicycles

by sandy217 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:48 am
In most accidents involving bicycle riders, they get seriously damaged. Therefore, bicycle riders face serious danger on roads with other traffic.Even though bicycle lanes are widley intorduced and bicycle riders have to know and follow general traffic rules, it is higly unsafe to drive a bicycle.To avoid high risks of driving a bicycle on the roads.Bicyclist oftentime are in a position to cause harm to pedestrains, therefore for the reasons of pedestrain safety, bicycle riders should also not drive in pedestrain walks.

Which is the best and most feasible solution to the problem above that can help solve problem with bicycle riders and the dangers they face and can cause to others?

A.Bicycle lanes should be rebuilt into special roads for bicyclists.These roads should be as separate from the general traffic as the pedestrain walks should have special privilages and rights.The new bicycle roads should in no way get in contact with either pedestrain walks or roads for general traffic

B.Bicycles should be prohibited and people who cannot afford other means of transportation should be allowed to take specially designed loans or otherwise subsidized by government for purchase of a cheap motor vehicle.

c.Riding a bicycle on the general roads or otherwise within the city limits should be prohibited.Bicycle sport should be shifted be prohibited.Bicycle sport should be shifted to off-road and mountain biking only

D.All pedestrains should ride bicycles, therfore share the same damage and privilages.Pedestrain walks should be redone for bicycle lanes

E.The government should advertice bicycle sport as potentially damaging.This can influence the public's opinions and convince people not to want to drive bicycles.

Please provide your analysis

GMAT Score:710

by badpoem » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:56 am
IMO (A). May I know where you have got hold of this question from?

Legendary Member
Followed by:15 members

by AIM GMAT » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:04 am
Pretty clear choice A , we need an alternative that is in favor of everybody i.e cyclist , pedestrain and general road traffic. A gives that way .
Thanks & Regards,
AIM GMAT

Legendary Member
Followed by:26 members

by mundasingh123 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:54 am
Un Gmat Type
I Seek Explanations Not Answers

by sandy217 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:40 pm
badpoem wrote:IMO (A). May I know where you have got hold of this question from?
OA B

OE
A is dismissed because, it is not a feasible solution.
Goshhh i was stunned by the explanation !

Legendary Member
Followed by:26 members

by mundasingh123 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:46 pm
sandy217 wrote:
badpoem wrote:IMO (A). May I know where you have got hold of this question from?
OA B

OE
Where did u get this quest
I Seek Explanations Not Answers

by sandy217 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:47 pm
mundasingh123 wrote:
sandy217 wrote:
OA B

OE
Where did u get this quest
800score

Legendary Member
Followed by:15 members

by AIM GMAT » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:49 pm
I strongly disagree with the question and OE. I would say B has extreme language and plan which far more unfeasible than A .

Whats the source ?

Anyways i will not fret at this question , this is unlike GMAT , mundasingh also agrees with me :) . Sandy dn't dwell on such questions if it ain't an official source .
Thanks & Regards,
AIM GMAT

Legendary Member
Followed by:49 members

by atulmangal » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:34 am
A few days back, a guy posted a SC question from 800score in SC thread and questioned the validity of that question...and result was, that question was wrong and invalid...

Again an 800score question of CR section with wrong OA