Kaplans vs. Actual

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Kaplans vs. Actual

by trishna26 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:45 pm
Hello,

I am finding the Kaplans Quant questions much more difficult that the OG. Where should I focus my study? (only 2 weeks until test day).

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by Dan@VinciaPrep » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:36 am
Hello!
In the last couple of weeks a fair amount of your time should be spent on reviewing the material that you've already done (assuming that you've already done a enough work that it will take a couple weeks to review). Based on empirical evidence (student's results) the most accurate practice tests are those from MBA.com's website the "GMATPREP" software. You should at a minimum do both of these tests.

Cheers!
If my post helped you- let me know by pushing the thanks button ;)

I'm a private tutor in Paris, I provide online and in person consulting for the GMAT and MBA application essays.
GMAT tutor paris
Prepa GMAT

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members
GMAT Score:760

by nikhilsrl » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:28 am
Hello trishna26,

I have also found the these practice CATs (Kaplan and MGMAT) tougher than the actual. To get a feel of where you stand you should try out GMAT Prep (from MBA.com). They are the closest to the real thing compared to any practice CAT.

I saved my Prep CATs for the end. I'd suggest that you try analyse your tests and figure out where you are going wrong. Try to see how you can improve on these areas. Take the Prep CATs a week before your test and don forget to analyse them thoroughly.

One more piece of advice - when you take these CATs do not skip the AWA essays. They help you prepare for AWA and also help you with the stamina part.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by trishna26 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:12 pm
Thanks a lot guys. Took your advice- Test day is tomorrow!