380 ...Thats it ......

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

380 ...Thats it ......

by anasnet » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:58 pm
I have taken the GMAT exam today and was very disappointed with the score ..the exam was very tough and much more tricky than questions I have seen in OG or other sources such as Manhattan or kaplan..

I scored 500 on Knewton free practice exam before two days of the exam and was expecting something near at least today !

My score was : Q:36 , V : 13

I am really not sure if the university will accept this score , but I don't think that I will be having the mode to study GMAT again !!!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members
GMAT Score:760

by jaymw » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:00 pm
Sorry to hear that your test did not go well.

Anyway, Q36 is a decent score and definitely nothing to be ashamed of.

As far as Verbal is concerned, did you run out of time? Once you leave questions unanswered, this will KILL your score and obviously also drag your total score down significantly.

If this was the case, then you should have faith and retake the exam with this in mind.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:590

by carllecat » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:02 am
You will rebound...
My initial attempt resulted in a dismal score of 330 and realized it could only go up from that point. I started studying and took another shot at the GMAT a while after and scored 600.

I have now completed a full year in my MBA program and guess what... I get better marks than so many people who got higher GMAT scores...!

Don't give up.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:44 am
anasnet wrote:I have taken the GMAT exam today and was very disappointed with the score ..the exam was very tough and much more tricky than questions I have seen in OG or other sources such as Manhattan or kaplan..

I scored 500 on Knewton free practice exam before two days of the exam and was expecting something near at least today !

My score was : Q:36 , V : 13

I am really not sure if the university will accept this score , but I don't think that I will be having the mode to study GMAT again !!!
Since you just wrote the test recently, it's understandable that you don't want to go back to studying. But, there are some important points to remember.

First, a lot of students don't achieve their target score their first time.
Second, most students reach their target score the 2nd time around (you'll see many such posts in this forum)
Third, you have a goal of getting your MBA, and doing so will take many many months. So, in the grand scheme of things, an additional month or 2 of studying is inconsequential when compared to getting your MBA and achieving your dream.
Finally, as a word of caution, students should take several GMATPrep tests (and PowerPrep tests) before taking the GMAT. These are the best predictors of your score on test day.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com