European Business Schools: Master in Management

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello,

I really need an advice about which programme and school to attend next september(2011). I am now finishing my bachelor at Bocconi University(in Milan) and I have been offered a place to:

1)EDHEC: Master in Management(MIM) --> 3 years(1st year which awards a Master in Management; 2nd year for internships; 3rd year awards a Master in strategy and Organization Conultancy; with a possibility to do a double degree(during the 3rd year) at a partner school). --> the programme is based in Croix(a town close to Lille), France(Triple accredited school)

2) Strathclyde School of Management: MSc in international Business --> 1 year --> located in Glasgow, UK (Triple accredited school)

3) Cranfield School of Management: MSc in Strategic Marketing --> 1 year --> locate din Cranfield, UK (Triple accredited school)

And I am most likely to receive admission to:

1) Copenhagen Business School: Master in International Business --> 2 years(with possibility of taking part to the CEMS programme and/or doing an exchange at a partner school) --> locate din Copenhagen, Denmark. (the school is now being accredited also by AACSB, so receiving the triple crown)

2) Vienna University of Economics and Business: MSc in Strategy, Innovation and Management Control --> 2 years(with possibility of doing an exchange at a partner school). --> located in Vienna, Austria.

I would like to attend an international recognized business school but at the same time I would like to live in a big city with an exciting day/night life. that is why I am concerned that by going to Cranfield, and probably EDHEC, I would find nothing outside of the school environment.

Which amonf those schools and programmes would you go to?
Thank you for your advices!!!

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:33 am
Dear enry90,

Congratulations on your admission to 3 strong programs! It seems you do have a decisions to make--but unfortunately, only you can make this decision. Where to go to graduate school is truly a personal choice as many factors should be part of your evaluation. You need to determine what is most important to you in your MS/MiM program and rank that list of criteria. Location and reputation are certainly important criteria, but what about curriculum? culture? alumni connections? industry connections? Come up with your ranked list and then evaluate these programs against that list; see if one is a stronger match than the others.

Best of luck as you embark on your journey,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

Legendary Member
Followed by:10 members
Best Master in Management programs in Europe cracked!

"Do you really think it is possible for me to even aim for schools like HEC and LBS?". This was the first question that Anubhuti Agarwal asked us when we met her. The question is not entirely without basis. The Master in Management program at HEC Paris is one of the most competitive in Europe, rivalled only by other top programs like the London Business School Masters in Management. At that time, little did Anubhuti know that not only would she make it to HEC, but also to London Business School and IE Spain for the Masters in Management programs.

Best Master in Management Programs