Please rate my essay.

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Please rate my essay.

by gmatrant » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:16 am
Please rate my essay on a scale of 1 to 6. Also please give me the positives and negatives.

Thanks.

In any large business organization, teamwork is the ultimate key to the organization's success.

Various factors are instrumental in the success of an organization. There are a few aspects that play a major role in determining the success of an organization such as technological advantage, good management, product branding, human capital and teamwork. Amongst these factors team work in an organization plays the most prominent role in the success of an organization.

TeamWork to an organization is the most pivotal function to its smooth execution of daily tasks. In most large organization processes are clearly defined, roles and responsibilites are perfectly delineated, a clear and common goal is sought after, but for all above activities to be successfully carried out teamwork forms the crux. In large organization individuals play certain roles and carry out certain responsibilites, their function is part of the process governed my the unifying tool called teamwork. Consider a huge manufacturing plant, it has a organizational chain where people are demarcated into teams and each team is assigned a particular task to accomplish, and each team is interdependent with one another. For the successful outcome of the whole product there cannot be any glitch from any team.

Teams enable easier maintainance of large organizations, with the establishment of teams it is easily possible to have a chain-of-command percolating from the organization as a whole to the individual teams. Having different teams perform different tasks ensures that information or 'know-how' does not get stagnated with a few individuals. Large organizations are not interdependent on a few individuals and teams enable organizations to remove the dependency on a particular person.

The individuals in an organization is analogous to a stick while a team can be compared to a bundle of sticks. As the old proverb goes "It is difficult to break a bundle of stick than to break a single stick". Teams determine the success of an organization, they give a company flexibility and robustness in its daily activities. In the global age, organization are large and spread out across continents , it is the concept of a team characterized by its team spirit that enables organizations to compete with one another on a global scale.

Thus teams can be considered as the central unifying point for an organization. Most successful organizations have admitted that their success is due to the success of their teams.For large organizations teamwork is the ultimate key to its success.

Community Manager

by pahwa » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:03 pm
I am typing this while going through your passage...So, I am wriing the first feel that I get.

Paragraph 1: I feel, you should have begun your passage by what organization's work is, for example, Today we talk about global business and organization perspective is not limited to a local region. Doing this, will justify later that how team work is/isnot essential. After wring 1 introductory line, you can move ahead with the same content that you have presented in paragraph 1.

Rest all paragraph are good. No doubt about that. You have also presented example. Thats great.

What I feel here, though, is that you have mentioned few factors in your introductory paragraph. Try devoting atleast 1 paragraph for showing how these "other" factors have limitation over Team work. I guess, that will help you a lot.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

hi

by 05rose » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:56 pm
Hi,
your essay is really nice, i admire your writing skills, it nice but just a mere suggestion from my side add some practical and lively, new examples to make it more worthy.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by parore26 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:46 pm
Overall: 5 - 6

Personally, I'd also keep the introduction somewhat standard given that these essays are rated electronically.

For ex. " I agree that in any large organization teamwork is..." or " I strongly disagree that teamwork is ... to large organization" would ideally be quick, easy and gets the point across. :) Just my thought.

by mzkfrk » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:37 am
In any large business organization, teamwork is the ultimate key to the organization's success.

The key to the success of an organization is a debatable issue. Some people conceive that a success of an organization stands solely on its teamwork, while others argue that innovation, adaptability are the primary factors. Though all these factors are important for the growth but a closer analysis reveals that the ultimate key to an organization's success lies in its team work, due to various reasons.

The primary reason is that in a team, every individual has something to offer and just like every drop makes an ocean, in a team every member plays an important role and as a whole when the team performs, is bound to excel. Also, for a team work, co-operation is an essential element which helps better perform as a team. This is one of the many values that team work also teaches us.

Another reason is that in B- School, which garners future business leaders always stresses on teamwork because they know how valuable teamwork is for carrying out each tasks. And with growing competition in business, teamwork has become even more important factor to decide a company's future.

Many organizations even use team as a ladder to over throw a competition. Take for example the case of Nokia and Microsoft. Due to the growing threat from Android mobile operation system, and since Nokia never opted for Android, Microsoft signed a deal with Nokia according to which Nokia would make mobile phones based on Microsoft Windows. Since Nokia has a very good reputation as a mobile manufacturer and Microsoft as a maker of Operating system, they each contribute to the team and can become a very good competitor for android. On the contrary, take for instance Russia (USSR) which was one of the most feared nation in history because of its massive power, economy and area in global map but since after the world war when USSR was divided, it has been displaced from even the top 5 economies in the world today. Hence, as a team makes one very strong while without it can make one much weaker.

Conclusively, while there are arguments to be made on both sides as to which factor is the most important one, clearly there are greater advantages to work as a team as it not only helps foster growth but also is a threat to a competition. And of course someone very rightly said " United we stand, divided we fall".
[/b]
"Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it"
- Sir Winston Churchill

by jenniferpass » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:56 am
Good essay.Teamwork is the key the success of an organization.If the team doesn't work properly the firm can't go upwards.ask experts to rate your essay.Thus you can grade your essay.

by [email protected] » Tue May 01, 2012 10:58 am
hi,

i will rate you in the range of 5.0-5.5, Good Essay.
Keep it up.