Thursdays with RON RC Passage Main Point

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:26 members
Hi Ron , can u please tell me whts the main point of the passage and the point of the 3rd para , ie the last para thats indicated in the Image I have attached . The video stopped at 1 hr 22 mints and i was unable to view the whole video. I could see how you found the point of the first 2 paragraphs but was not able to see the same for the last Para
Thanks
I Seek Explanations Not Answers

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1535 members
GMAT Score:800

by lunarpower » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:29 am
the main point of the third paragraph is that we don't know whose perspective is correct; this idea can be gleaned from the first sentence of that paragraph. i.e., the new view presented in the second paragraph may or may not actually be accurate.

so, our overall picture of the main idea is something like "present, but then qualify/restrict, a new view on something"

i noticed that you were watching the "vimeo" version of this study hall. are you unable to download the java/elluminate version? because that version tends to be better (higher fidelity recording, and you can also see the text box with accompanying questions)

mundasingh123 wrote:Hi Ron , can u please tell me whts the main point of the passage and the point of the 3rd para , ie the last para thats indicated in the Image I have attached . The video stopped at 1 hr 22 mints and i was unable to view the whole video. I could see how you found the point of the first 2 paragraphs but was not able to see the same for the last Para
Thanks
Ron has been teaching various standardized tests for 20 years.

--

Pueden hacerle preguntas a Ron en castellano
Potete chiedere domande a Ron in italiano
On peut poser des questions à Ron en français
Voit esittää kysymyksiä Ron:lle myös suomeksi

--

Quand on se sent bien dans un vêtement, tout peut arriver. Un bon vêtement, c'est un passeport pour le bonheur.

Yves Saint-Laurent

--

Learn more about ron