require advice about gmat math

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

require advice about gmat math

by bazillbub » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:54 am
Hi Guys ,
i have just decided to write the gmat exam in the first week of August 2011 , i have about 5 months of time for the same.i really require help as to how to get a good quant score .i used to be very very bad with maths right from school . ( i ve been just a 40 % in maths from 6 - 12 th std ) now i am finding it really tough to get started with math ( my foundations are very weak in maths ) . how do i start from here on to get to a modest total in gmat math . Please advice of a study plan / books required or a methordology which you feel the best for me .
and having about 5 months of time Please advice how i could crack verbal to
should i start Gmat Verbal right from the basics of english grammer ? will that be really helpfull ?

i can devote about 4 -5 hours Minimum every day whole heartdly to gmat math / 1 hour for verbal .will this time be enough for me to get to a modest total in gmat ?

where and how do i need to start for Math
lly where and how do i start on the verbal bit

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:700

by BarryLi » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:46 am
Attached should be "Nova MATH Review.pdf", a file that was posted on this site a few weeks ago. It covers all high school math, which is what is tested.

As for the verbal part, I recommend getting your hands on an official GMAT guide. They contain over 800 past GMAT questions. Another great source is this website, but they are typically more difficult because people post questions that they do not understand.

If you can afford it, the tutors that reply on this website are very helpful. From what I can gather, they've had to have a very high score, be able to explain concepts very clearly using plain English, and have lots of patience.

I personally haven't consulted a tutor only because of the lack of time I have (my test is tomorrow :) ).
Attachments
Nova MATH Review.pdf
(3.16 MiB) Downloaded 82 times

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by bazillbub » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:15 am
All the very best Barry Li . Please do let me know how much your scored

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:700

by BarryLi » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:35 pm
https://www.beatthegmat.com/700-50q-35v- ... 78259.html

Best of luck to you, get that post count up by posting topics and replying to topics as best as you can!