Verbal Section

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Verbal Section

by seuss88 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:08 am
I take the GMAT in about 3 weeks. Although I am confident in my ability on the math section, I want to pull my verbal score up from 37 to 43 or 44. I am willing to spend night and day over the next 3 weeks drilling as much verbal as necessary. What is the best way to move from a 37 in verbal to AT LEAST a 40? Note: I do not think it is JUST practice questions, as I have taken more than enough practice tests and done a countless amount of practice problems. Are there certain elements I must look for in sentence correction (for example, paying more attention to idioms?)

Thanks!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:52 members
GMAT Score:760

by rishi raj » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:26 am
Well, spending night and day over the next 3 weeks might not be the best way to prepare yourself. If on an average, you're getting 37 on the Verbal score, so there's a good probability that you might even hit a 40 on the higher side. Since you do not have a lot of time left,taking a radically different approach maynot be all that helpful. What you should be doing at this point of time is that you should be focusing on smoothening the rough corners in Verbal. It is also the time when you should be reviewing all that you have done and seeing the "patterns" in questions. You might want to go through "Thursday with Ron" videos and see whether the strategy you have been using so far in different areas are correct or not .

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by seuss88 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:58 pm
Do you think that going through the RC99 book in the next 3 weeks will be helpful or be too much? Also, I haven't done the powerscore book. Do you think that completely doing these two books in the next 3 weeks will be counterproductive? Thank you for your advice. I will definitely check out those videos.