610 is enough for IESE and ESADE!!

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

610 is enough for IESE and ESADE!!

by sallespadua » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:25 am
I've just got my response from IESE with the acceptance to the class of 2013!
Earlier, got 20% scholarship offer to ESADE.

Believe me, the GMAT is NOT everything. Take a look at my horrible score.
The offices analyze every component of your application and believe me, probably you have a strong application and you don't even reliase it. Once you are in the admissions marathon, keep running and send the package to your target schools anyway.

now the moment of decision. ESADE vs IESE. I know most of the differences of both schools, but every business man must be ready the hear and filter new points of view.

So, any tips?? What you fellows of this battle, which is the application process, would do? Would appreciate every point of view.

Until middle March to decide...

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:40 pm
CONGRATS! Thank you so much for sharing your success with us! It's a great reminder that the GMAT is indeed not everything when it comes to MBA admissions.

Good luck with your decision!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

MBA Student
Followed by:9 members
GMAT Score:640

by hk » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:38 am
I'm posting after a loooong time - my apologies... U can blame it on the hectic schedule of the MBA!

Firstly, hearty congratulations on get the admits!! Great job. It just proves the point that GMAT is not the end of the world :) I can attest to this fact as an IESE student and a horrible GMAT performer!

So decision time eh?! Well you know what my recommendation would be. But I would let you analyze your options, think of where you see yourself best fit and then take a decision. Honestly both school are very good! so you won't go wrong with either of them..

Congratulation once again and hope to see you in Barca!
Wanna know what I'm upto? Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/harikrish

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by Vivek Badgamia » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:28 am
Congrats dude!!!

Both schools are great but depends on a lotta factors...
IESE if im not mistaken has a 12-20 months MBA program..hence depends on how long u want to do it for.. IESE has a better name I suppose across Europe vis s vis ESADE. From what Iv heard is that the management related subject / courses in ESADE are very good, In fact they are better than IESE and IE. So narrow down ur school preference according to your choice of subjects. Beware that the job market and the economy of Spain are in tatters right now, 20% population unemployed. Be careful of what you are getting into. Try figuring out class size in each of the schools.. The more the people, more the networking opportunities... I may have confused you a lil bit more!!! im sorry!! just wanted to spill out everythin iv heard about the respective schools... good luck

MBA Student
Followed by:9 members
GMAT Score:640

by hk » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:43 am
well a few pointers to Vivek's views:

1. IESE is a 2 yr program. Period. ESADE has the option of 12, 15, 18 etc.
2. From what Iv heard is that the management related subject / courses in ESADE are very good, In fact they are better than IESE and IE. - I would have to strongly disagree here. IESE is known for its faculty! Not only in Spain but world wide (atleast to people who are in the business). I can attest to the fact that its the faculty that made all my learning so rich!
3. ....the economy of Spain are in tatters right now, 20% population unemployed. Absolutely true. But you have to also understand the context. Even if Spain had 0% unemployment you will be able to work in Spain only if you speak Spanish! Only very few companies (hardly any) are an exception to that. Mostly internationals here at IESE target international companies for positions in US, UK, Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands, Singapore, India etc etc!

Hope that helped in some way!
Wanna know what I'm upto? Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/harikrish

by forbidden » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:13 am
@sallespadua
can u send me a copy of your essays if u dont mind at [email protected]

by sallespadua » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:19 am
Hey guys! I have decided between both of them. Result = IESE. Although loosing money in ESADE and heartbroken after deciding not to go there, I made made my decision. Difficult one.

NOW TO MAKE IT WORST, I have the LBS interview next week. I believe when one decision is done, another one comes right next. What if I get into LBS???

Well, I'm already practicing my decision making before the MBA.

Good luck to everyone and thank you for the messages!

by forbidden » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:40 am
congrats on the selection
can u send me a copy of ur essays to [email protected]

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by peterlost » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:52 am
Hi all,

I've spent many years in Spain, discussed with many Spaniards and I'm certain that IESE has been always the best school in the country, and many actual CEOs come from IESE.

However, it's true that IE and ESADE (particularly IE) are doing a great job in the last few years, attracting many talented candidates. Rankings are subjective but they provide a good resource with real data.

There is an interesting discussion with a poll in some Spanish forums and they are discussion which of the three are the best school, I suggest you guys to take a look (you may use a translator if you need): https://www.club-mba.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=48

Congratulations to the OP for being admitted and for your decision to attend IESE, you will have fun in Bcn and receive a great education. If you are accepted to LBS and will visit both schools before making any decision.