Need suggestion

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Need suggestion

by Trtorch » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:21 am
Hi Experts,

I have taken GMAT three times and last I scored is 630(m48v28) though I ws scoring above 700 in all practice tests.

Princeton free : 700
knewton free:680
gmatprep:750:760:750:700:720 ( some repeats anf inflated)
Manhattan :670-720

Though this time I was quite confident and did not see any surprises . Even though I was not able to score much. May be my timemangement and my nerves does not work. Could not sleep whole night before test.

I am totally devasted and lost hope . I have been studying atleast 3 hrs daily and 5-6 hrs on weekend from last 1 year with some breaks after exams .

I am not sure whether I will be able to improve or not . I have done -e-gmat along with og and manhattan extra this time.

I am thinking to apply with this score.Please suggest should i take GMAT one more time?

A

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:15 members

by eternal_optimist » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:31 am
Your current number of GMAT attempts are exactly the number of attempts I made before finally being able to score a 740 on the fourth attempt. However, my strategy was a little different from yours and you may wanna see whether it could benefit you. Whether you should apply to schools with this GMAT score depends on the average score at the schools you'll applying to. If the average score is more than 660 ,it makes sense to retake the GMAT ,otherwise you should be fine with the current score. As you said that you couldn't sleep the night before the exam, I think that could also have played a spoilsport and brought your score down. I'd suggest that you relax for the next couple of days ,think with a cool head,research more on the strategy here on this forum and then when you become confident that you have the right strategy and approach to take on the GMAT, then you can kick start your preparation.