math 1 weakness

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:6 members

math 1 weakness

by resilient » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:19 am
I feel pretty confident that I can nail the math section. well maybe..lol
Do I really need to work on combinations and permutations. I already know standard deviation and think its best to devote all my time to the other math sections. what do you think?
Appetite for 700 and I scraped my plate!

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members

Re: math 1 weakness

by gabriel » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:18 am
Enginpasa1 wrote:I feel pretty confident that I can nail the math section. well maybe..lol
Do I really need to work on combinations and permutations. I already know standard deviation and think its best to devote all my time to the other math sections. what do you think?
Well if you intend to score a 50 or a 51 in quant then it will be helpful to know PnC. PnC is just really hyped up and isnt as hard as it is made out to be. Depending on the time you have I would suggest to go ahead and atleast try to learn "basic" PnC questions. You always have BTG get your doubts cleared :).

Regards

Legendary Member
Followed by:6 members

a bit nervous

by resilient » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:41 am
I studied quite a bit and worked on my math weakness. I took a mgmat practice exam and recieved a 610 (quant 44 and verb 31) I now understand very well reading comprehension a dn critical reasoning. I have taken a very lenghty and fruystrating time on sc but that is fixing now too. I took some breaks off too. I am worried that my math scores are going to drop. Iordered some more manhattan gmat books because to me they are downright the best! I wish i know about them from the beginning. Imessed up before by not working on my mistakes and being detail oriented and self critical on why i messed up on a question. I think I want to take a little math refresher. I have a good feeling about it but want to get refreshed. Can anyone help? I need a 700 plus and results are more important than time but I like my results to come in a timely manner..lol Please help!
Appetite for 700 and I scraped my plate!