Thought on taking a practice CAT 2 days before the GMAT

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hi,

I was curious of people's thoughts on taking a practice CAT tomorrow when my GMAT is on Monday. I took a Kaplan practice test in the actual Pearson Centre and scored a 640, then took one of the official GMAT CAT's yesterday and got a 650 (V38,Q42).

I'm feeling quite good now as my target score is a 670. I don't know if it's worth just going over problems, or taking another practice CAT. My concern about the latter is the fact that I may get a terrible score, which could knock my confidence.

Any advice would be welcome :-)

Thanks,

mdwolman

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Ramit88 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:07 am
you should take it... my advise..

Community Manager
Followed by:27 members
GMAT Score:670

by arora007 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:27 am
only go for a CAT at this point of time, when you have studies a new topic since the last test you gave.

This is the best time to brush up your fundamentals, touchbase every area you found difficult today,saturday... tommorow sunday,work a bit on areas which you are more comfortable with.

relax for a while... focus mentally hw you are gonna crack it, perhaps pay a visit to your exam center, see how you can reduce the last day anxiety/last minute problems and nervousness...

a new CAT.... maybe...noway!
https://www.skiponemeal.org/
https://twitter.com/skiponemeal
Few things are impossible to diligence & skill.Great works are performed not by strength,but by perseverance

pm me if you find junk/spam/abusive language, Lets keep our community clean!!