Need an expert to reply!!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Need an expert to reply!!

by dd_s » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:34 pm
Scored 620(Q42, V34) on the GMAT yesterday. I realize that the only place where I faultered was the DS section. I was doing well in the PS questions but after the first 20 questions GMAT started throwing some difficult questions at me, mostly DS. I dont even know if the questions were really that tough coz during the last 15-10 questions i was really nervous and so was not able to perform well in quant. Still i mustered up all the courage when i started with the verbal section. Though i think i did well in the starting but i had to guess last five questions as i was running out of time. Strangely enough, i have been consistent with getting 12 questions wrong almost always in the test. In both the tests by GmatPrep, I had 12 questions wrong in verbal(on an average 3-4 in SC, 3-4 in RC and 4-6 wrong in CR) and i scored 34, which is the same i scored on the gmat. Since i am not very good in maths, at least i have always dreaded this subject. I want to improve my verbal score. But i am absolutely clueless as to how to improve my verbal score or should i approach it the other way round, i mean improve my quant.i feel if i had managed to get a 40 in verbal with a 42 in quant, i still stood a better position. Please help me..i want to take the test again after 20 days. Can you please suggest a strategy that can help me to get at least a 650-680 score?

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Ramit88 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:09 am
u cannot retake exam before 31 days..its a gmac policy