Profile review

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:720

Profile review

by dadagreat » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:09 pm
Can you please evaluate my profile.

1. GPA, major, school GPA - 3, Engineering - major engg university in India (apart from IIT)

2. GMAT with breakdown - 720 Q50 V 38 AWA 5

3. Resume highlights, including company name, job titles and promotions
work experience of 10 yrs. 3 promotions - fairly decent career growth. current job title - sr delivery lead
Sector - Telecom/IT
organisation - indian major telecom - majority of work experience in UK > 8 yrs - working for a tier 1 uk telco.
accomplishments - quite a few. good managerial and leadership experience.

4. extracurricular involvements - During university was very actively involved in a NGO aiming to generate interest in indian culture and heritage amongst youth. was in charge of finances and PR. Highlights - Responsible for Logistics for a 5 day National Convention attended by approx 1000 students and 30 artistes across the country.
Played key role in organising university fests and reunion's.

post university - to be honest not much.
involved in alumni affairs - Currently exec committee member of the UK chapter of the university alumni association.

5. awards, patents, publications, etc...
Awards - best manager in the CRM Delivery unit
no patents or publications

6. interesting personal facts - countries lived in, challenges faced, unusual interests
Countries lived in UK, India
Unusual interest - trained indian classical singer to level 3 (of level 5)

7. Target Schools - 1 yr, Kelloggs, Emory, Insead, IMD, Cambridge-Judge.

8. Post MBA Goals - Consultancy - preferably Strategy or senior business oriented roles IT/Telecom sector e.g. Google, Apple

With a 10 yr work ex, i am what would be termed as an older applicant. I should be able to make out a decent story of a need for a mba now.
Can you please provide feedback?

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:44 pm
Dear dadagreat,

You have done a pretty thorough self-assessment based on your post. The potential weakness for you is the lack of extracurricular activities since college. You do have a competitive academic profile (GPA & GMAT) and work experience. It will be important for you to show the managerial skill set you have developed over your career. The key will be for you to distinguish yourself from other applicants with similar profiles and make a solid case for doing a full-time program. Use your essays, resume and interviews to your advantage in telling your story to give yourself the best chance.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me