Deadline to submit GMAT scores to universities?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:700
Hi,

I am retaking GMAT on 30 Dec, and applying for R2. The deadlines for all the five schools to which I'm applying is Jan 05, 2011. If I select these five schools at the test center on 30 Dec, would the new GMAT score (hopefully higher) be considered by the schools? My concern is that the schools will not receive the official GMAT scorecard from GMAC by the application deadline (01/05). I have not sent my previous GMAT score to these schools.

Thanks in advance...

Followed by:3 members

by Psychodementia » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:18 am
You don't need to worry - most schools should have their records updated (assuming you will be entering the latest scores in your application). Even if they don't have it - they will ask for it. You can explain at that time. Right now you need not worry.

Arun

GMAT Score:700

by pharmxanthan » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:39 pm
I have not sent my previous GMAT scores to the schools I am applying to. So, I can take the exam on 30 Dec and ask GMAC to send the scores to the school. The schools will not receive the score card by the deadline, which is Jan 5. Would that be fine?

Also, I will know the verbal and quant score immediately after finishing the exam. I can enter these scores in the application. However, what should I write for essay score, since I would not know that score by Jan 5?

It is a bit confusing,

Thanks...