master's in management

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

master's in management

by kushal.adhia » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:03 am
Hi everyone

I'm hoping to apply for a Master's in Management program for next september's intake...
I took the GMAT and scored a 610 with about 4 months of prep.. Is this score good enough to apply and possibly gain admission to a Master's program??

Thanks

Kushal

by gsbjake » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:06 pm
I think that would depend on what schools you are particularly interested in.

by kushal.adhia » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:23 am
@gsbjake

I'm looking at

Univ of St. Gallen - switzerland
Bocconi univsersity - italy
audencia - france
grenoble - france

in no particular order... but i would love the first two options :D

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:720

by Sathyan_911 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:34 pm
I dont have much knowledge about bocconi, but u certainly can apply for audencia and grenoble....

U. St.Gallen requires students to have a UG degree related to business studies....

I have been admitted to EM Lyon for the class beginning in sept. 2011 and I know people who have been accepted to the program with 600+ gmat scores....

Good Luck
Sathyan

Followed by:1 members

by John00 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:02 am
How far I think it's all depend upon the particular institute where you are going to take admission.

by kushal.adhia » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:05 am
@Sathyan

I have a Bachelor's degree in Commerce, but I've been virtually rejected by St. Gallen. I had mailed their admissions office last week, and they said that with a gmat score of 610 my chances of admission were not very high. HUGE disappintment :(

Any other universities that you can recommend?

Thanks

Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:720

by Sathyan_911 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:15 am
U can apply thru the SAI admission process for the following schools

HEC, ESCP, EMLyon, Audencia Nantes, Skema

Solely based on ur gmat score, i would say u have a decent chance for getting into the last 3, if not the last 4... but of course there are other factors to consider so one cannot say for sure

I saw the admission process for St.Gallen and it seems twisted in favour of people with good scores in gmat/gpa, without even considering their extra curricular activites, internships etc...

I dont think this is the case for other schools, such as the ones mentioned above, so u can go ahead and apply w/o any worries....

I guess u wud have seen the FT 2010 rankings for masters in management courses... if not, go thru it and research each program.... more than the school, it is the specific program that should interest u....

regards
sathyan

Legendary Member
Followed by:10 members

Masters in Management / MSc in Management

by GyanOne » Fri May 08, 2015 9:43 pm
Masters in Management / MSc in Management courses - Top Schools

Masters in Management programs are excellent alternatives to an MBA for people who wish to gain management education right after their bachelor's. These programs are designed for applicants with little or no work experience, and offer participants the chance to gain strong business education, business exposure, and leadership skills right at the onset of their career. The value proposition of the programs is strong, and most applicants will end up on a fast-track career growth trajectory, much like that of graduates from top MBA programs. The Masters in Management program is still almost exclusively a non-U.S. phenomenon, with the best programs in Europe, Canada, and Asia.

Masters in Management / MSc in Management
Last edited by GyanOne on Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Followed by:5 members
GMAT Score:690

by Abhyank » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:39 pm
Hey guys,
I know you must have moved on a long time back...but ill still give my opinion, just in case some person having the same query stumbles by this post.

Well things have changed in the past few years and the MiM has really picked up, with a number of top schools offering the degree.

St. Gallen for example is ranked no.1 for quite some years now & hence requires a very competitive GMAT and an equally competitive profile.

For the SAI schools, HEC & ESCP are also really well ranked and are amazing schools. They require a GMAT above 680.
Emlyon, Grenoble, EDHEC can be targeted with a GMAT of 650+
Here i must remind you that GMAT is just part of the puzzle and much more weightage is given to your profile and how you depict it in your essays.

You can check out https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-student-pr ... urvey.html for an in depth view into the profile of MiM students at top schools. You can also check out the site for more info about the MiM and its application process.

Hope the answer helped.

Regards,
Abhyank Srinet
Founder and Head Consultant at MiM-Essay.com

97% Success Rate| 7000+ Admits in Top Schools| 10 Million Euros in Scholarships

Want to 3X your chances of selection? Book a consulting call here:
https://www.mim-essay.com/book-an-appoi ... rm/?btgmat